Monday, March 26, 2012

Whole Wheat, Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies

Growing up, I could not stomach the taste of wheat bread. I am not sure why and, luckily, it was not genetic because the taste does not seem to bother her. That it not to say that my mom did not try but it took 25 years for me to become accustomed to it. I have begun to convert some of my beloved childhood recipes to include more refined and whole grain ingredients, which includes chocolate chip cookies.
  • 4oz cream cheese
  • 1 stick of butter, unsalted (room temp)
  • 1/2c brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4c turbinado sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2ts vanilla
  • 1/2ts baking powder
  • 1/4ts salt
  • 1 1/4c whole wheat flour
  • 1c semi-sweet/carob baking chips
  1. Sift together dry ingredients and set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Cream together butter and cream cheese then add sugars until uniform.
  3. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
  4. Add dry mixture and mix until just combined then fold in chocolate chip.
  5. Drop cookies by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Let sit on the pan to finish setting before removing to cool on rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment