Friday, March 16, 2012

Lupper, Brupper, Brinner Oat-jacks

Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day (and one of the most often skipped), and it is also delicious regardless of the time of day. One thing that I have learned with Skye is that kids are not in tune with what adults have adopted as conventional practices. I found that if I wanted her to eat it meant compromise which led me to wonder: "Did it really matter what she was eating when she was eating it as long as it was good for her?" 

Because our diet is typically low carb,does it really matter when we are eating it? I say "no" because anyone with a child knows that getting them to eat is half the battle. If my daughter wants to eat "breakfast" three times a day, more power to her, because when I was her age, I probably would have picked dessert.

  • 1/2c plain greek yogurt
  • 1/2c almond milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 TB raw honey
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2c Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Mix all the ingredients together in order and allow to rest for 15 minutes. It should look a bit bubbly afterward. Drop 1/4c at a time into a griddle over medium heat and cook like usual pancakes. Serve with agave nectar/honey and fresh fruit. Whether you eat these at breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack, they are sure to please.


No comments:

Post a Comment