Saturday, April 14, 2012

Parsnip "Fries"

I know that I have been slacking on posting. We are actually in the process of simultaneously packing one house up and unpacking at our new house. This is in an attempt to make the process less stressful, but I do not think that it is working.

The thing that sucks the most is that my backing/cooking stuff is divided between to places and it has made it difficult to "create." I was determined to cook stuff this week and decided with the recent warm weather, nothing would taste better than burger and "fries." However, I have a weird phobia of frying foods and I am not really a fan of potato fries, unless they're sweet potatoes. I happened to have parsnips and I thought "why not."

They are technically just roasted parsnips in the shape of french fries but they're freaking good either way. :-)

  • 1# of parsnips, peeled and cut into french fry sized strips
  • 1/8c EVOO
  • 1TB parsley, dried
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1/3c veggie stock
  • 2TB garlic, minced
  •  1 bunch scallions, chopped
  • 4TB butter, softened
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Toss parsnips in EVOO, salt, pepper and parsley. Place in a baking dish with a lid, add stock and bake covered until soft and all the liquid is absorbed (25-45 minutes). 
  3. Combine butter, garlic, and scallions. When parsnips are done, toss with butter mixture and place back in the oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes. 
  4. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes with the cover on. 
These take a little while to make but they are so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment